Friday, July 31, 2009

Persuading my mum and dad?

hi a week yesterday my hamster died im sad cuz i was at my nans and i couldnt say goodbye.The thing is i know this is gonna sound weird but im lonely now cus my mates at school liv to far away to see and my only m8 near wear i liv got into smoking not cannabis or anything tobbaco but he got really touchy when i said he shouldnt and he wouldnt talk to me id say sorry and it would be fine but one day he didnt knock now i havent seen him for about 6months but thats not wat matters.i want a rat not to replace my hamster but sort of in her memory cus since she died its like my best freinds gone and im not gonna forget her but i just want a pet to keep me company i know it sounds gay so if u dont want to answer and ure gonna take the mikey dont ive tried asking but i chiken out and i cant get across how i feel and cus its the summer hols i have nothing to take my mind off the subject pls answer wiv anything you can think of
Thanks
josh
Answers:
Josh,
I am so SORRY about your hamster! :( That is not gay that you miss her, that just shows people that you actually care about your pets, congrats for being a caring person. I understand how you feel, after my rat died on my b-day I wanted another pet because I missed her so much. But the thing was I wanted gerbils, and my stepmom got bit by one when she was little and was like "you can get another rat or a hamster but no gerbils!" Which made me upset because after my sisters rat died she let her get a hamster even though she said she hated them. So this is what I would do start saving up money until you have about 120 bucks. (I know that this seems like a lot, but for an adequate cage, the rats, and cage accessories it is a good amount) Then go to a store like petco (if they have one where you live) and look at cages and everything you want.
Here is a cage I would recommend.
http://www.petco.com/product/12286/super...
It is only 100 dollars (I know ONLY 100 seems like a joke but this is a GREAT DEAL!)
It comes with
-roomy chew-proof wire cage with easy to clean deep plastic base that helps keep your pet's bedding in the cage, not scattered onto your floor
-food dish
-loft and ramp that adds living space to your pet's home
-hammock that suspends from the cage wire and gives your pet a place to snuggle in for a long nap
-4.5 dry quarts of super absorbent Carefresh bedding
-L/M Animal Farms Vita Vittles Ferret Food in a resealable 2 lb. bag
-Roller Basket Ferret Toy
-Critter Canteen Water Bottle--easy to fill and drip-resistant
So all you have to get after the purchase of that cage is the rats, rat food, and a hideout for the rats. This is what I would recommend.
-http://www.petco.com/product/9190/super-...
for the hideout, I don't remember if it is the biggest one, or the second biggest one but it will cost about 9 bucks
-http://www.petco.com/product/2276/kaytee...
for food because it has so many larger pieces of food
-now for the rats themselves I would advise to go to their adoption center in the front, last time I went to the one near me they had to 10 gallons w/ 5 baby males in one and 4 baby females in the other. For 2 it would only be like a 4 or 5 dollar donation which is much cheaper compared to 5-7 bucks each.
The total for the everything you need including the rats is (drum rollll) about 120 bucks.
Now you are probably thinking in my question I said 1 rat, not 2. Well the thing about rattertats is that they like to have a buddy. Even if you spend 6 hours a day with it, you can't make up for a sleeping buddy and grooming buddy. So get at least 2!! They both will bond to you if you spend enough time with each.
Now as to ask/convince you parents type on the computer how much everything would cost and don't mention rats until you save up enough money. Then finds some articles on the internet that say how smart and affectionate rats are. Copy and paste that to another page. Then type on another page why you want to get 2 rats. Make sure it looks professional and give it to them when they are in a good mood. Hopefully they will say yes! If they don't maybe mention that you feel really lonely because you told your friend to quit and its because of your better judgement that you are lonely and a person responsible enough to not hang out w/ a person who smokes is responsible enough to have 2 rats. What ever you do, don't throw a fit!
Good Luck!!!! :)
You could make a memory book for your hamster. Each page, you could draw something that made you happy about him. I'm sorry that your hamster died. Just think about happy things, he's in heaven now, I'm sure.
I would wait a little on the new pet, maybe get it for Christmas. Just tell mum and dad that you want a new pet for Christmas and that's all that you want.
Sants will surely have a good heart at Christmas.
i understand how you feel josh, you dont want to replace your old hamster however you want another pet to keep you company , talk to your parents tell them how you feel lonely and you want a friend im sure they will understand and if you took good care of your old hamster they are bound to let you get a rat good luck :)
p.s:sorry for your loss
okay now dont feel bad about how much your missing your hamster! anyone can get attached to anything, and it happened that you got close to your hamster, and understandably so, with your friends far away and all.i know its going to be hard to talk to your mom and dad about why you really would like this rat, but you need to! why dont you just say exactly what you have written to all petqna.com s members! i am sure they will understand.just say how bad you want it, and that you are lonely without having your little hamster, and that you will be able to take care of the rat all by yourself. i really hope you get that rat, and soon too! good luck and dont be nervous about talking to your family!
You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. Are you an only child? First of all, you did the right thing by telling your mate that he shouldn't be smoking anything, whether it be cigarettes or drugs. If he doesn't want to be your friend anymore then let him go - it sounds like he is not someone hyou want to be around right now anyway. But I guess without him you don't have a pal so what to do? Well, sounds like you want a rat (yuck) and are not sure that your parents will think its a good idea. The only way you're going to know is if you ask them... perhaps have a backup ready so if they say no then say what about another hamster or some fish or something that they might say yes to. When my son was your age, he had an ant farm which is kind of fun.
Well, Josh I am so sorry that your hamster died! The best pet that would keep you company is a dog. A labrador retriever is a really great dog they are great with kids and love water and love to retrieve. You should not get a puppy because it is so hard to go through puppy hood, but if you go to www.lab-rescue.com, you can adopt a lab at whatever age you would like them to be. You just fill out an application with your parents and go to one of their adoption days and get a dog. Learn more about this on their website. Good luck! I got my second dog from them and she is so sweet! The best part about her is that she camed trained!

No comments:

Post a Comment