Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ok what if my cat eat the dog food?


Answers:
Not a problem if it's occasional, but if your cat eats dog food only and not cat food she will not be getting the proper nutrition necessary for a healthy kitty.
Cats require more protein than dogs. Occasionally eating dog food will not be harmful but ONLY dog food no cat food over time will create a protein deficiency that will ultimately lead to blindness.
Not as bad as dog eating cat food..
well its the other way around for me. my chihuaua only eats fancy feast cat food and she is 5 and in perfecthealth the vet says it is not a problem. so im sure you kitty will be okay too
your dog is going to be hungry!
Danger sign:
Howling at sirens
You cat will be fine, however if your dog eats your cats food he can develop a disease called pancreatisis which can be fatal. To much fat and protein for a dog.
Well...I never really fed my cats dog food, but...it can be okay on rare occasions %26 if it's a little bit of dog food, but sometimes, it's not really good for cats. Cats are not small dogs, and a cat's diet is much more different than a dog's diet, so dog food can have different nutrients that a cat might not need. Cats require, mostly need, higher levels of protein than dogs. Cats must have the amino acid called 'taurine' in their diet; dogs can actually make their own taurine. A cat eating food deficient in taurine can develop severe heart disease and other health problems. Almost all cat foods now contain added taurine. So, maybe you shouldn't feed your cat dog food and stick with cat food? I mean, a little bit of it is fine and won't kill her/him, but a lot of won't help your cat. My cat, Jasmine, tries to get at my dog's dog food because she likes the SMELL of it, in which cats have great sense of smell, and to me, I don't really smell anything from my dog's dog food, but my cats could. I don't let my cat's eat the dog food, though, especially Jasmine. If you want, ask your veterinarian and see what he or she says about your cat's diet. SOME, and I'll say it again...SOME veterinarians will say that your cat may need to take in a couple of bowls of dog food, but for important reasons only, not for food in general.
Its no big deal Just as long as i doent happen ALL the time than its fine.
Cats should not eat dog food. It can cause malnutrition and heart Disease. Peteducation.con has a list of foods that cats should not eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment