Friday, July 31, 2009

Our dog just died!?

this isnt really a question, just a warning! we had a yorkie for 8 years. then one day he starts falling over when he walks. we took him to the vet that day, but he died a few hours later. it turns out that he ate some meat with antifreeze on it %26 thats what killed him. we found out that 2 days earlier he wandered off %26 got a hold of some raw chicken with antifreeze. it turns out that people often lay out raw meat with antifreeze on it in order to get rid of stray cats. apparently antifreeze smells %26 tastes sweet to animals, so they are drawn to it. basically he went from being perfectly healthy to dead in just 2 days! so for people with pets %26 who dont have a fenced in yard, unless your dog is tied up or in a "kennel", be sure to keep an eye on them when theyre outside. also if yahoo has a service for posting things like this, please let me know
Answers:
I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you called your local police? It's illegal to poison domestic animals. It carries a fine and possible jail time.
I don't know of a Yahoo! site to post things like this, but you might try Craigslist.org. Antifreeze is a pretty well known accidental danger to pets, but the fact that people are leaving it out intentionally is sickening.
I'm sorry for the loss of your pet, I know first hand how that hurts. :-((
That's horrible and I am very sorry. Someone poisoned our cat just like that years ago. Its an awful crime and those people need to be punished if found!
I am so sorry for your loss! I recently lost a cat and a dog and it is so hard to live with. Pets really do make good best friends!
Antifreeze has long been a quick killer of animals. In recent years, manufacturers have come out with an antifreeze that doesn't have the same properties - it doesn't smell or taste sweet. I did a lot of investigating when I discovered my radiator had a leak. I didn't want it to injure neighborhood strays, so I asked around for alternatives.
Some people are sick bastards - trying to kill animals like that. Everyone should watch their pets all the time- their yard or not. We recently lost a Pomeranian when someone threw silica gel packets into his pen. He died hours later - after bleeding profusely from all angles. We thought he was safe in our yard. Some people are just sickos.
I'm really sorry about your loss, and I know how it feels. I would try to find out who left the exposed antifreeze out in the open where it was accessible. At least then no other dogs that live near you will go out and do the same thing.
-winces- My deepest condolences on your loss. That's a horrible way to lose your pet!
Our neighbors had a doberman that was very aggressive towards anyone outside the family, but they always kept it fenced up. Well, someone in the neighborhood must've been really paranoid it'd get out because they threw some food with antifreeze over the fence. Dog died shortly after.

No comments:

Post a Comment