Friday, July 31, 2009

Pet door for Sliding Patio Door and GREAT DANES!?

i'm looking for one of those pet doors that work with sliding glass doors. (I don't want to install the pet door in the actual patio door.)
Here's the catch:
I can find them for small breeds (S) up to giant breeds (XXL), but on the giant breed doors that i saw, the actual flap is only 8" above the ground! So that makes the top of the flap at about 28" while my biggest dane is nearly 40" tall! i can't see him 'ducking' to get in and out - he's clumsy enough as it is!
I've already checked ebay and tried searching around, only to find what i've mentioned above. I'd also love for it to be insulated, but at this point, i'll take whatever i can get! I'm getting a little frustrated so i thought i'd ask around and find out if any one has seen what i'm looking for... thanks!
Answers:
try home depot or Lowe's that's where we got ours our just pops in and out. we used to have and Akita with a lage dog door. he would just duck. but if you have a big burglary rate in your neighborhood then its not a good idea because a grown man could crawl though it.

No comments:

Post a Comment