Friday, July 31, 2009

Pet mouse problem!?

I have 2 mice who have been together for about 6 months and are great. A while ago I bought another pair since that pair was so sweet and when I put them together the male in the new pair killed his mate, and was harassing the old couple.
I removed him and now he's in a cage by himself. The problem is that he's such a disgusting little guy! He doesnt let me touch him, when I pick him up he jumps out of my hand. And he's so dirty! He makes more of a mess than the two others. If I wanted to keep his cage clean I'd have to clean it EVERY day and he wont even let me pick him up to clean it. He covers everything in sticky smelly pee. Its so hard to take care of him that I've come to the point of wondering if I should let him go? He's like a wild animal anyways. I feel bad setting him free, will be find stuff to eat drink and survive, or is he too adjusted to cage life? I know nobody else would want him. Would it be ok taking him to the woods?
Answers:
I'm afraid not--a domesticated mouse would have next to no chance by itself in the wild. I guarantee, he'd die of exposure to the weather, starvation, or predation.
As an alternative, you could take him to a pet shelter--although, with his bad nature, he'd be unlikely to be adopted :(.
Call the pet shop and take him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment