Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My rabbit is loosing lot's of fur constantly.help?

she's an old rabbit and everywhere she goes, her white fur would fall out. Even when I stroke her fur it would falls out easly. She live by herself and she seem sad these few months...what can I do to make her happier?
Answers:
I had a rabbit for five and a half years and she never lost a lot of fur. She used to pull it out herself to build nests but she didn't have a male rabbit with her so she never had baby rabbits. She went missing a few months ago. Anyway, usually when i had a medical question I call the vet and speak to the nurse there. A couple of times she has given me great advise on what i can try at home and of course if that doesn't help to bring the pet in. If there is anything to worry about they will let you know otherwise if there isn't at least you can relax and not worry about it anymore.
About the carrot, I was told by someone in the pet shop that rabbits should only have one carrot a week as over time it will make their fur turn an orange tinge. Not sure about the banana though but since you are calling the vet you could ask about it then.
I had a rabbit and she had that problem once .I took her to the vet and she had fungus in her skin .it was treated with antifungus shampoo (medicated)
i don't know about the fur thing, but get another rabbit. get one with a lot of energy. energetic rabbits usually help sad rabbits. not sure how it works though.

No comments:

Post a Comment