Friday, July 31, 2009

Pet owners with questions about sick dogs or cats?

I wonder why is it that a lot people would rather ask whats wrong with their pet online, then call their vet as soon as they realize something is wrong. Why is it that no one seems to utilize their vets? As soon as i sence something is wrong with my two dogs, the first thing i do is call my vet and explain to them whats going on? Why would i care and more then that wait for random people who are not vets to answer my questions? Is it jsut me who is wondering that? I mean if you were having a heart attack would you wait and post a question online and see who answers or would you call 911?
Answers:
A lot of people have wondered this, including myself. I'm not sure why some post questions that should be answered by a vet - I guess they are seeking validation that calling the vet is the right thing to do.
I always hope that maybe they have called the vet and are waiting for an answer or return call.
THis morning, I noticed that my dog was bleeding - I took her to the emergency vet immediately. Didn't even think of asking why online. But, I've had pets before so maybe it is just experience or possibly common sense.
Anyway,my dog is fine - urinary tract infection - and I was able to get meds for her.
call 911 911 911 911 911 911 911 911 911 911 911 911 911 911 911 911 911 911
I have wondered the same thing myself. When any of my animals shows signs of illness, I immediately call my vet!
The people that come on here and ask a medical question in regards to their dog not acting right and what should they do are either first time pet owners and really have no idea what they should do or they are the people that try not to take their dog or cat to the vet unless it is absolutely necessary as they do not want to shell out the money.
I sooooooooooooo agree with you on this one. i cant tell you how many times i brought my dogs in for stupid stuff. i once thought my dog had a growth going on on her back, turne out to be a scratch with a scab. another time her eye ball looked ripped, turned out to be a piece of hair on her eye. so as embarassed as i was for going for these things, i also had piece of mind that it was nothing important. always better safe than sorry!
Perhaps, like me, these people seek additional opinions - not all vets are geniuses and some of them are downright dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment