Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My rabbit has a tumor?

It's right behind her left shoulder and it's pretty small and doesn't seem to bother her... But I'm scared what should I do? I love my rabbit...
Answers:
Are you certain it's a tumor? Has she seen a vet? If not, take her to a vet and find out what it is. A lump could be anything from a harmless cyst or tumor to cancer, or even an abscess. You need to find out what it is as soon as possible and find out the treatment options and go from there. Good luck, I hope it's nothing serious.
My sister had a hamster that had a tumor on the back hind leg and at first we didn't think anything of it then we started to worry as it got bigger. So we had to put her to sleep because her skin was busting open and bleeding everywhere.You might be able to take it to the vet and have it surgically removed. If money is a problem then you might have to put it down. I am sorry to tell you this and I am not trying to be cruel. Don't wait till it gets bigger and causes serious pain.
Hi, I would take her to the vet as soon as you can. Often these are simple benign growths that cause no problems but for your peace of mind get it checked by a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment