Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My rabbit likes to nibble on me!?

She is female, and she loves to nibble. Sometimes it hurts. My cousin was sitting up against her cage and she started nibbling on her shirt. that is when i first noticed this behavior. She also bit my 3 year old brother. not hard, but enough to scare him. she bites me too. it scares me and is kind of annoying. She is only 8 weeks old. Is this just her personality or what? i have a 2 year old sister and and a 3year old brother, and i don't want her to hurt them. i let her play every day.
Answers:
yes it is probly her personality.most rabbits like to nibble on everything they can get thier paws on.
my rabbit galaxy likes to do the same thing and i let her out every day too.
i say just do what u r doing cuz there is no way to stop that habbit.it is like a gene that she got from an ansester.
hope i helped!!!
=-B
horselover99
Give her a toy to nibble on. That way she wont do it on you. Rabbits need to wear down their teeth so the dont grow to big and interlock! Its not her personality. Good Luck
you should buy her these little wood thing that hampsters and rabbits are suppose to nibble on [they sell them at petco and petsmart] they are suppose to nibble on them or give her like carrots my hampsters to the same thing
To my knowledge, small animals "nibble" for three reasons. For nutrients, to wear down teeth, and curiousity.
Maybe the rabbitt is teething.
buy her chew woods plenty of them and make sure she has plenty of hay.give them hard vegies to chew on to help them trim down their teeth -celery carrots and etc...
my two buns does i too but rarely since they have plenty of toys and chew woods.
just curoious have you checked her teeth yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment