Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ok people we should do something! People kill dogs in Beijin at the streets!?

http://www.oipa.org/abandonment/news/chi... I went to that site and saw what was really happening!They are killing dogs and cats at the streets with cruel ways. I mean people don't care and how can a 14year old help? I need suggestions because I am thousands of kilometres away and I can't do anything to stop them. I need suggestions plz go to that site and see the cruelty that these animals face. Also type killing dogs Beijin and see the cruelty these animals face. Think about that they are doing this so they can have nice Olympics I mean they did that in Athens too but most of the dogs weren't killed and certainly not that way and not to get their meat or their fur and to make stuffed animals or at least that is what I know because I was there and I was too young to do something and I am still against what they did and what they are doing now in Beijin.
Answers:
I know this is not what you want to hear, but there is really nothing you can do in an instance like this, I know it is horrible and heartbreaking, but if you think about it, is it really any different than what we do here? people dont spay or neuter and breed thousands of unwanted animals every year to be sent to the gas chambers at the humane societies.
If you REALLY want to get involved in animal rescue, you can do it here too, go to your local shelter and volunteer some time, they could use the help and you could help educate people to fix their animals and reduce the needless suffering animals. Most shelters do not have the funding they need to hire enough people to help and would greatly appriciate any time you give. It would also be a learning experience for you, as well as a rewarding one. You can spend time with the animals and get them ready to be adopted into loving homes, they need training, love and a lot of reasurrance, which you seem ready to provide, judging by your concern for these poor animals half a world away.
unfortunately there isnt much you can do about it. China is a communist country and they can do pretty much anything they want..its different then a democracy where you have a system set in place to change the things about the government you dont like. Dont think I dont care about what is happening to all these animals but looking at it realisticly the only thing you can do is sign a petition(if they have one available online) and hope that someone with more power (ie maybe appeal from a foreign gov. or the United nations) steps in.

No comments:

Post a Comment