Thursday, July 30, 2009

Need help getting rid of fleas in basement?

We had a promblem with fleas in the house, but after vacuuming daily we finally got those under control. we finally figured the source was from the basement. We have set off 3 foggers and got no result from them. The basement is a workshop with lots of sawdust and who knows all what. It would take forever to clean the whole place out with all the lumber and everything. Does anyone have any suggestions about getting rid of these pests?
Answers:
I had this problem in the basement. I have it under control now. This is what you do:
1. Do you have pets? Use Frontline Plus and flea collars.
2. Vacuum a lot. Have a rotation for which parts of the basement to clean if it's too much of a trouble. But fleas hate to be disturbed and love clutter/dust. I vacuum all parts of my house, too (the fleas are mostly in the basement).
3. Use flea traps. You can find these online on eBay. You can also make your own by suspending a 20 watt bulb 7 inches from a pan of soapy water in a dark room. Look online under "homemade flea traps" on Google. This really seems to help.
If you don't want to shell out $600 for an exterminator or waste your time and money on other methods, do all these. Persistence, putting things in order, and a system will get rid of fleas.
I also use a fogger occasionally, but I do not rely on them.
If you need any more assistance, contact me at igotdvs2@hotmail.com
Try sevendust .Eucalyptus branches will keep them out, but I don't know if they would run them out tho.Try spraying bleach on the floor. If you find the answer, I'd like to know what it is... I live in Fl.land of the flea and home of the brave !

No comments:

Post a Comment