Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My rabbit hurt it's foot or possibly leg??

Last night my rabbit jumped out of her cage, her cage is about 4 feet off the ground. I picked her up and put her back in but she's not putting any pressure on her back right paw, when she hops she's holding it up. Is it possible that she could of sprained it, I don't think she broke it because their is no swelling or bones out of place. Thanks
Answers:
A rabbits back legs are very strong, but it is still possible that she may have injured it. You should take her to vet to have it x-rayed. If she did break or fracture it, they can put a cast on her. Good luck. I have bunnies too!
If your animal is limping then you need to get it to a vet, it may be bruised or it could be broken, its not worth taking the risk of not finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment