Monday, May 24, 2010

Saddle Fitting?

I just got a saddle to try on my horse(a APHA mare). But I'm not sure if it's a right fit. The saddle fits really well, but it almost feels like the saddle is too flat on her back. It is a full qh by circle Y.
I have two parts two parts to my question:
1. How much distance should there be between the horse's back and thet saddle seat?
2 Is it okay if the skirt it raised up from the horse's rump a little bit?
Answers:
i'm not sure cuz i use tree-less saddles. get a horse- person out there w/ you who knows this stuff. i don't think the skirt should be raised from the horse's body at all. for western saddle, i think you should not see light, but if english saddle, then you should see some light coming between the pad and saddle. i almost forgot- ask this in the horses section, you will get more answers that way.
Man.. you're so lucky. It's been a years since I ask my father to buy one. But I got no luck.
Sorry 'bout your horse, I dunno anything bout it. Maybe you should ask pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment