Saturday, May 22, 2010

Plz help me my Chihuahua..?

my chihuahua is coughing and it sounds like she's gunna throw up but she doesnt and she's doing that alot. she never did that b4 but i think its from the dog hotel i had her stay in, a VERY nice one cuz i luv her very much, for 3 days. i think she caught something but i dont know. is it just a cough? will it go away? any pets of urs have done this?? help me plz
Answers:
Your dog has Kennel Cough. Kennel cough is contagious to other dogs but is very treatable with antibiotics.
Please get your dog to the vet and treated. Small dogs with Kennel Cough if left untreated can rupture their esophagus.
I had a Yorkie with it once many years ago. I am speaking not only as a Vet Tech but from personal experience.
To be safe call your vet's office today get the emergency number call and speak to a vet. Describe the details of your dogs cough and symptoms to your vet and let your vet decide whether it is an emergency or not. Good Luck. Your dog will be fine with treatment.
It might be kennel cough, its very contaigous.
Sounds like she has kennel cough. You need to take her to the vet immediately, this is highly contagious and dangerous.
The dog hotel may have been fine, but someone else may have taken a sick pup there.
Good luck, I hope your pup feels better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment