Monday, May 24, 2010

Recently Adopted a Spastic Full Grown Guinea Pig...HELP?

About a week ago I adopted a full grown male guinea pig(about 1 1/2 years old?) named Wilson from my work, he was abandoned at the pet store that I work at by his previous owners. He's completely loving and I love him sooo much but he's a spaz! I work with animals at the petstore but he's the most spastic guinea pig I've ever met. The slightest noise startles him...including me turning over in my bed. What can I do to help calm him? I want him to be comfortable with me and when he spazes so easily I feel like he's not comfortable here and would rather be with someone else.

PLEASE HELP ME AND WILSON!
Answers:
Chill! You have only had him for a week and building a relationship where the guinea pig trusts you is going to take some time and lot's of cuddles. Your guinea pig is behaving normal for a guinea pig that is new to a home/area/cage, alert, startled easy etc, mainly because he is still get used to and adjusted to the new sounds, smells, cage etc. Give him some time and he should settle down. If not then it would not hurt to seek the advice of a cavvy savvy vet.
Homeopathy can have amazing results for this sort of thing...but you must find a registered homeopath. The RH does not need to be a vet as many mental/emotional/physical symptoms that are treated in people (in your case - maybe anxiety?) are treated the same in animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment