Monday, May 24, 2010

Rabbit help needed..?

What is the best feed for rabbits?
What is the best handbook on rabbits?
What are the vitamins you should have on hand?
What toys do rabbits like?
Answers:
I own a rabbit too. I recommend a book that I found at Barnes %26 Noble called, "The Rabbit Handbook". It helped me out a lot. Also, there is a magazine dedicated to rabbits called, "Rabbits USA". They are really good for information too...but, they are a annual publication (meaning they are printed once a year.) You can find those magazines at a PetSmart store near you.
I recommend doing your shopping for your rabbit at PetSmart too. They have a whole section dedicated to small animals. They have rabbit feed, toys, vitamins, handbooks, everything you'll need for your furry friend!
I use nutriphase rabbit food for my rabbit, as well as fresh veggies every day and Kaytee timothy hay. Instead of buying a handbook on rabbits, use the internet. The book I have doesnt answer some of my questions, and I can find everything I need on the internet for free. Vitamins arent really needed for rabbits unless they arent fed properly, as long as it has a balanced diet, it should be fine. My rabbit loves to play with toilet paper and paper towel rolls, plastic baby keys, brown paper lunch sacks filled with timothy hay, and plastic bags. Most of they toys I buy at the store my rabbit wont use. He loves homemade toys. Other toy ideas are phone books, small blankets, and balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment