Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pup poo-ing on my backporch!?

How in the world can I stop my pup from pooping on my back porch?
Answers:
pick the poo up take it to the yard and show you dog that that is where poo goes. when he does get there and he will give him a good treat.
If your dog lives outside I would suggest that you put a gate or something up to block him from pooping on the porch. You could also watch him and if you saw him do it you could go to him and tell him no and punish him. Doing this many times will prevent him from pooping on the porch because he doesn't want to be punished. If your dog lives inside and you let him out to use the bathroom then either don't let him on the porch but out in the yard somewhere or in your house in a certain place put down pee pads for your dog to use the bathroom on. You would just need to teach him that is where he is supposed to use the bathroom. I use them for my dog and they work great. We reward her for using the bathroom on the pad. I hope I have help you in some way!
Walk him out into the yard and wait on him to do his business . He is coming up on the porch wanting in then doing it . He maybe frightened out there alone . It takes time and patience to train a dog . Never scold him .Telling a dog no does not work . Ignore bad behavior and praise and reward good behavior .

No comments:

Post a Comment