Monday, May 24, 2010

Rabbit Question?

I want to adopt two small/medium sized rabbits in the next 2 months. I have a cage for them that is large, but I want to give them more room to spend their time and I can't give them free range due to my dog and cat who also have free range of the house and although my dog is very gentle and my cat only hunts smaller prey I'ld like to be on the safe side. My question is other than a hutch, or pet play pen does anyone know another way I can give my rabbits more room? Dimensions: L=4ft, W=2ft, H=4ft. Also does anyone know where I could find
Answers:
Look here, it says guinea pigs, but it works beautifully for rabbits too.
www.guineapigcages.com
genius idea!
Works like a charm.
check online that should help
Being that you already have other pets with the run of the house the only thing I can think of is.. A rabbit room, that is just for them with no other animals because if your cat hunts small prey it may decide to move up a notch on the food chain and could seriously hurt or even kill a bunny. And remember bunnys need to be neutered and spayed if they are gonna live together even if they are the same sex they can be quite aggressive towards one another Good Luck
skip the cage and give them a safe outdoor habitat. be sure to offer lots of covered spaces -small dog kennels, cardboard boxes, etc. provide lots of fresh veggies and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment