Friday, May 8, 2009

My rabbit .?

when i try to stroke or hold my baby rabbit he runs away from me,
how can i stop him from running away from me, how can i get him to trust me?
Answers:
Keep spending time with your rabbit. Yes, carry and pet your rabbit at small intervals at first. Occasionally hand feed him. Eventually he will learn to trust you. Once he feels safe and that he can trust you, he won't run away.
When I first brought my rabbit home from the animal shelter, she wasn't very friendly and she wouldn't let me carry her for more than 10 seconds at a time. She would often bite and growl at me. I started out slow by petting her and picking her up for short periods of time. I was always in her face actually. Eventually she learned to trust me and now she behaves more like a dog; she follows me all over the place and she comes when I call her. I can also carry her for long periods of time.
Just be patient and gentle with your baby rabbit. He'll come around.
Best wishes!
Its a rabbit, not a dog. Naturally they will fear humans... just keep trying to show it love until it builds trust.
carry food with you so it will come to you....if it likes leaves and veggies then hold that up.....try not to over feed it though and soon enough it will get used to you carrying it.i tried it with my friends bunny and i just kept holding up leaves and stuff like that and it worked.....just make sure those leaves are not poisonous..
I don't know how, but try making your hands smell like its favorite meal, perhaps by rubbing it on?
Try letting him or her sniff your hand first. it will build up trust.
hangout with it spend time with it oh here ya good get it a little kitty collar and leach and take it for walks in the yard. it will learn that you are there for love ..
here see if any of this will help you and your rabbit child
http://exoticpets.about.com/od/rabbits/r...
Good luck I hope you and your bunny have a very long and happy life together
Bring food everyday. Then watch him. After a few days, while he is eating, slowly pet him. It really requires patience.

Best of luck! ^-^
baby rabbits are often very skittish and unsure of being held, sit down when holding it, allowing it to sit firmly in your lap
when picking it up make sure you support the hind end of the bunny.
hold the bunny for short periods of time and increase that time every day or 2
depending on how it does.
Don't rush it or you will only scare it more

No comments:

Post a Comment