Friday, May 8, 2009

My little girl ferret seems to be having a little trouble breathing. She's playing fine and eating well.?

She's makes that noise they make after they eat (I hope you know the one I'm talking about) even though she hasn't eaten this morning. It only started today and it comes and goes. I don't know if I should take her to the vet or wait it out...
Thanks!
Answers:
I know the noise...it could be a number of things. It could be a cold, a hairball, something stuck. You really have to use your judgment here. Give her cage and her bedding a very thorough cleaning, especially since ferrets are shedding right now. Offer a ferret laxative or even a big blob of Vaseline. (Trust me...they love it, and its the cheapest way to combat blockages and hairballs.) If you do not see an improvement in a few days and/or start seeing abnormal bowel movements, your little girl will have to see the vet!
i used to have 2 ferrets and i think i know what sound your talking about. if it hasn't stopped by now, i would definitely take her to the vet. better safe than sorry!
i hope she's ok!
i have never had a ferret,
but if that happend to me
i would be headed for the vet right away
if your ferret is sick
the vet can help ALOT.
dont wait
it might make things worse if it isnt handled right away.
hope she gets better soon :D
Yes, you should talk to the vet, because it might be a sickness that causes the ferrets to have hard breathing in heavy heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment