Friday, May 8, 2009

My hamsters eye infection?

I took my hamster to the vet a 2 days ago because i thought he was choking on his food. turns out he wasnt but he had an eye infection so the vet gave me some eye drops. His eye had a cloudy spot in the middle and sticky glump around the outline. I tried the eye drops twice a day but i noticed the same thing happened to the other eye. My hamster is now blind, he can't walk, he can't drink, he can't eat. I think the eye drops are too strong for him, it doesnt even say Hamsters on the packet it says "Dogs, cats and Rabbits" who's eyes are huge.
Is my hamster going to be alright?
Answers:
how old is your hamster? mine had the same problem and he was 3 (very old) i just got a clothe and wiped the crust around his eye it helped but he went blind and i couldn't help with that i think its weird that he can't drink because hamster can hardly see anyway the remember and sense thigs around them but you should call the vet and let us know how it turns out
contact the vet and tell them whats going on
oh my! what are u waiting for? take him to the vet and fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment