Friday, May 8, 2009

My mother rabbit is being very difficult with feedings...?

I have noticed that my babies are slowly dying. She had five Friday and two are just about gone. I checked on them but noticed today her nipples were scabbed up. I took off the scab and held the three babies that took to the ninny on. The other two I think are too far gone. I'm so upset and don't know what to do. I am going to try the kitten milk but I had to take them away from the mom. Any suggestions?
Answers:
well if u dont have another mother rabbit that has babies the same age there is not much u can do.it happens all the time with me and if it is her first or second litter she is not going to really take care of them.
and if u didnt know moma rabbits only feed their young every 20 hours so if u r going to feed them then feed them every 20 hours. and keep them very warm.and dont handle them to much.
hope i helped.
=-B
horselover99
You could call a vet and ask someone there. they would know the correct answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment