Friday, May 8, 2009

My neighbors are abusing their animals (Please help ) ?

I'm living in Texas.my neighbors in front of my are abusing their dogs..let me tell you what they do:
1. They do not feed them as often as they should ( I even put food outside my yard for them since I know my neighbors don't feed them )
2. What they do is when they get angry at the dogs for some reason, either the wife or the husband ( I haven't seen the kids do anything ) will go and literally grab them by the collar and spin the dogs in the air. This has been happening for years. Their old dog died already because of that, and the dog they have now has a broken leg because the lady threw him and my mother told me about that while I was at school. The dog comes to eat at our house then goes back....Also they have been charged before because one of their dogs got crazy and killed another neighbors chihuahua.by the way they dont even keep their dogs in their yard neither!
I want to report them for the safety of their dogs..what shall I do. I dont want anyone to know
Answers:
Pictures, pictures, pictures! As 'stalkerish' as this sounds, grab your camera and stake out their house. If you have a video camera, use it. Take pictures of the dog's condition while they are away from the house, and if the dog is left outside without shelter, food, or water, snap photos! Put together a dog abuse portfolio, and see if you can snap a few pics of them spinning the dog, and any other kind of abuse.

Something that may sound cruel, is stop putting food out for him. Just long enough for his ribs to show, or even his spinal cord, if they feed him that little. If the animal rescue comes to investigate the situation, and the dog seems healthy, they might not credit it enough. You can resort to taking pictures of how thin he is and DATE EVERYTHING. Look up the legal aspects of the pet laws in your area. I live in texas too, and in Harris County it is illegal to have a loose dog, and he will be impounded.
You say the dog's leg is broken. Did they take him to the vet? Is it a clean break, or is there bone protruding? Again, TAKE PICTURES. Take the portfolio to the local breed rescue, as well as the spca. Tell them the story, and take your mom with you as witness. See if your other neighbors will sign a statement about the treatment of the dog. Signed statements and pictures will get that dog, and possibly any other animal out of those people's hands. A hefty fee could be included.

GOOD LUCK! keep me posted on how things go if you start taking action. You can contact me through email, and I check it daily. Let me know if you want me to help you do any kind of legal research or anything, I am a very avid animal person.
report them to the spca
Call the police. They have a special unit that attends to these matters. You don't have to identify yourself. If you're worried your neighbors might find out. Call from a random phone or a friends cell phone.
if you don't want anyone to know you can call the ASPCA anonymously and have them check it out.
I dont know what the animal care society is called in Texas but thats where you need to call. and that as soon as possible. if you are afraid that your neighbour might come after you for setting him off, dont worry as you can stay anomynous. the pet rescue will call out to your neighbour and assess the situation and if needed take the animals to get treated. don't loose those animals precious time and ring straight away!! PLEASE!!!
Call the cops -don't leave your name.
get your phone book and find an animal protection agency and call them up, I live in canada and here they will often transfer you to a goverment office that deals with animal abuse. see what they have to say, and mention you want to stay anonymous, they should be able to help you no problem. Try the following links
Next time you see the abuse happening, call the police; they will either respond (because it IS animal cruelty, which is a felony), or they'll refer you to your local animal protection agency.
The problem is, being a Good Samaritan doesn't always allow you to stay anonymous. If you REALLY care about what's going on with those animals, you may need to speak up and not be afraid of what the neighbors think.
The innocent should NEVER suffer at the hands of the ignorant.
Contact Animal Control and possibly the police. If you've seen them abusing their dogs they should be able to do something. Animal control is not supposed to tell who turned them in.
I've got a similar situation except my neighbor's dogs are just plain neglected instead of abused and we've called Animal Control numerous times on them and they keep telling us that they can't do much because we're outside city limits and that they can only take dogs away because of abuse and not neglect. Very frustrating to say the least.
I hope Animal Control is willing and able to do something about your neighbors and sorry you have to live next to people like that.
Please call the SPCA or something just think about how thosre poor dogs feal
cause the pound and tell them what you have seen they should take the dogs and they may not be able to have dogs or any animals anymore
You need to find out who our Animal Control officer in your county is and/or report them to your local Humane Society or SPCA. The shelters will know who handles abuse complaints in your area.
Good luck!
Mary
call the police and get pics also. this will help against them. the are sick terrible people!

No comments:

Post a Comment