Friday, May 8, 2009

My horse is buddy sour, whenever i take him out of the ring he starts fighting me and runs back to the gate.?

What can i do so he stops fighting with me?
Answers:
some ways to keep him away from the gate are to check him to the inside and yank on your inside rein, if this doenst work then try to get a stronger bit. Maybe you should teach him a lesson by putting him in a diferent pasture as his buddy (although he may make new ones)
Another thing you could do is have some stand at the gate waving their arms around and saying 'SHOO'
If this, over everything else doesnt work, then try this-
what is something he is scared of (not to the point where he will freak out, but he will just stay away from it) and put it next to the gate. Lake for instance, my horse is scared of jumps (silly I know) so I could place a jump next to the gate.
Hope i he;ped and good luck =]
You need to separate your horse, as in a new place for about a month. And ride it there for a while. They have a herd mentality. Your horse could be the leader or the follower. Expose it to new surroundings away from known horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment