Friday, May 8, 2009

My hamsters eye is crusted!?

A while ago I found a large open soar on my hamsters stomach. I cleaned it out and it started healing well. Now my hamsters right eye has begun to crust over. Does it have to do with the soar? Whats wrong?
Answers:
Ok, Buy cammomile teabags at your supermarket,
Boil water, and make the tea,
Leave the tea to cool for about 15mins until luke warm,
Apply the tea around the eye with a cotton bud or pad.
This will heal the hamsters eye naturally, repeat this 3 times a day, everyday, until eye is healed.
I don't know what it has to do with the other sore, but it doesn't sound good, but am glad the sore is healing. With the eye, I'd pick him up and have a warm wet paper towel and from the corner of the eye outward, wipe the nasties out of his eye til it's clean. He may not like it so hang on tight, but just use warm water and wipe til it's gone. Hopefully that'll be the end of it. IF you happen to wipe his other eye, use a clean part of the paper towel so you don't transfer germs from one eye to the other. Good luck.

1 comment:

  1. my hamster has that.I just dab water on his eye and it goes away. But it will come so do the process over again. :)

    ReplyDelete