Friday, May 8, 2009

My neighbor...can we charge anything against him?

he hates us .. he really hates our dogs. they bark at him [not visciously] when he goes up our [shared] driveway. but they bark at everyone, even us and our other neighbors.. i think they dont like gates and my bro's bedroom is down in the basement and they bark at him when he goesdown... but our neighbor thinks we set them out to bark at him on purpose, when we dont [we have a doggie door.. so yeah and noise they jo running out...]
and heres why i want to call the POLICE ON HIM.. he's set firecrackers off in our driveway/his yard to scare the dogs [and it doesnt], he's set them out of our yard [i walk hom from school and only bottom of gate is open,,[dogs cant open gate that way, i can barely open my gate!] he has told us 'nice job on your lawn, can you work on your dogs now?'
he used to /still might work at an animal testing center where they test crap on animals and has had his share of annoying pets.
but can we charge him on hte fireworks/anything?if not what should we do?
Answers:
Harassment...if he continues to antagonize your animals and set off fire crackers near them you can charge him with harassment. He is being an *** so see if you can also get him on a noise complaint for the fire crackers all the time. I would have also charged him with auto theft when the motorcycle went missing. Good Luck... it will more than likely get harder before ti gets better.
DEpends on which state you live in. and it also depends if he was on your property and also you might be able to complain to your town hall or city office. Find out. Good luck
im sorry but im lost. firecrackers? motorcycles? dogs?
I don't agree with his methods at all but from his perspective, I would not like being barked at every time I walked up my own driveway. I think you need to find a way to address the barking problem. Just because it does not bother you or that the dogs bark at everyone does not mean it isn't disturbing to some people. It's part of being a good neighbor. And he can file a barking dog complaint against you - and that would solve nothing - it would just make it worse.
My friend had very good luck with citronella collars to control her dog from barking at passers-by. I'd try it and let your neighbor know you're trying to resolve the problem.
He may be a jerk but you should always try and take the high road.
Sounds like a REAL JERK! Im not sure if you can press charges or not...why don't you put a lock on the gate to make sure your dogs can't get out. To ensure the safety of your dogs work with them on their barking. Im not blaming you...but you should be safe than sorry. You can get anti bark collars, they now make them without hurting the dogs. Hope this helps...but I would not be surprised if you will eventually have to call the cops on him,
i think you can go 2 peoples court or something or charge him for releasing your dogs. good luck with your dogs!
as far as your dog barking at him ... I dont think you can do anything, if he throws fireworks in your yard you would still have to prove it. Sorry to say you may find that it is up to you to control the dogs and he may beable to call the pound if he feels threatened by them..I would try to limit the contact he has with the dogs and just try to get along... you both have to live there.
Most cities have laws against setting off fireworks in residential areas, not to mention that he is intentionally antagonizing your dogs. I would at least file a complaint with the police department, so that if he ever does anything else it is documented that you've contacted the police before.
You can try to lodge a complaint. It really depends on your local police department. You can always call them up and ask them because they can only say no. You will not be any worse off.
congrats. u hve a sick man who lives next door to you.. i am totally against animal testing.
I don't think I would care for dogs constantly barking at me either, but the fireworks are JUST WRONG!
Why don't you block the dog door, and limit the time they are outdoors.
This would solve them barking at him, AND protect them from him.
Okay, I'm dealing with this situation right now! My neighbors and I share a driveway, and we have to go past their house to get to ours. They have these two dogs that chase our car endlesselly, jump, bark, and are sooooo annoying. To be honest, I get out and chase and yell at them. I even kicked the big one once. They'll get the hint for a while but start it up again once they forget about me getting out. I think you should put your dogs on a leash if you're not out there to be with them. However, if the yard is completely fenced and all they do is bark, just ignore the fact that your dogs are loud. The reason I don't like our neighbors dogs jumping and chasing is the damn things are ruining the paint on my brand new car.
I would say that it's very dangerous for him to be setting firecrackers off in your yard when you obviously don't want them there. But you might get in just as much trouble for your dogs barking and "viciously barking" at your neighbor.
I would seriously make an effort to try and teach them to be quiet whether it be on your own with a squirt bottle or using something out of a magazine. He might try to do something more drastic to your animals such as making them sick or letting them loose and get hit by a car.
(And yes I've heard of these kinds of things happen to poor animals just because the neighbor didn't like them)

No comments:

Post a Comment