Sunday, August 2, 2009

Petsmart Vet?

How much do you think it would cost for them to see 3 hamsters, one has a tumor, one is having anal issues, and the 3rd one is fine
Are they really good vets, or are they bad
So, basically, should i take my hamsters to the petsmart vet, and how much should it cost
Answers:
You should be able to find a clinic cheaper than banfield.
About $15 and change. For Three new hamsters. Much cheeper.
Not all banfield Vets work with small animals. I worked at PetSmart and we had a vet come in and treat our small animals and birds. None of the vets at Banfield had been trained to work with such small animals (or birds).
Try to find a vet that specializes in small animals. You can also call Banfield and ask for an estimate if they were able to treat your hamsters.
Do you mean "Banfield"? If you do well then...
I used to take my cat there and they were a bit nosy - but that was probably just the one in my area- they were ok- i ended up not really liking the place because they had said that my cat was fine when he actually got parasites from eating canned food that had weird preservatives in it or something. I would recommend going to a local vet - or try going online and read reviews on a lot of the places.
I don't know how good they are but I know that they are more expensive than other vets, at least in California.
The one with the tumor will be expensive and probably not good news. If you must take your hamsters to the vet, I would advise you NOT to go to Petsmart's vet office. I asked how much they charged to clip my guinea pig's nails, and they charge $21 each! (for a nail trim!) As compared to my local vet, which charges only $6. Since Petsmart is a chain, they tend to charge outrageous amounts for vet care. I'd guess your probably looking at a couple of hundred dollars for them to see your 3 hammies. Call around and see what vets in your area charge to care for small animals. PetSmart is no better at caring for them than any other vet that will see them. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment