Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pet skunk? my daughter is thinking about getting a pet skunk and i havent really found much info on the net do

they make good pets?if you have one could you give me some info?good habits and bad habits or links thank you so much
Answers:
i have heard they make good pets if you get them as "babies" and of course get their stinkers taken out lol. they are suimilar to cat in their temperment but a lil more mischevious like a ferret.. i think it would be a cool pet to have :)
I love skunks! they get deoderiized(dont smell, cant spary)
They are like little puppies! Not like little lap cats! They are energetic and love to play! They need there nails trimmed, to see a vet, and need t obe watced when outside and in the house! NED to be played with! Need area to play out side, need to play inside! basicall cat and dog toys will do, for food, vegatables, and other stuff, would have t olook that up...
Its like having a puppy, it needs to be trainind, cared for, watched, cleaned up after and other stuff!
They can be good pets if they have been human raised but even de scented they smell. They also have very sharp teeth and claws. Remember they are a wild animal that was raised and bred in captivity.
Are you serious....
Hey why stop there? Why don't you go all out and get 2, so they can breed.
"It is not for me to wonder why. It is for me to do or die??"
Have fun training a "skunk"
I just can't get over putting in my new air conditioner and the first night, I was visited by a lovely skunk.
You're the type of people that make the world go round. Thank you for the entertainment.
ewwwwwwwwwwwww
I saw a site that said you have to be very careful because if the skunk bites or scratches someone, the animal can be seized and killed! That made me change my mind about a skunk! That would be terrible! I did a google search, but I don't remember the site's name. I just did a Wikipedia search and it says the same thing under the "rabies" section-animal control will kill the skunk to test it for rabies if it bites someone!
lol you seriously want a skunk weird
I'm not sure why you would want a skunk for a pet, but that isn't the question. Exotic animals such as this are not inherently domesticated. That is why you are not finding much about it. There may also be local ordinances against having such a pet.
Additionally, such animals are used to their natural environment and the enjoyment of their socialization with others of their kind. It does not seem that the skunk would be happy being alone, because that is not natural for them to be that way. I would advise against it for these reasons. I'm sure you could find an acceptable pet that is not naturally wild that might satisfy your daughter.
Others have posed reasons against it because of having to have them operated on to remove the "stink" glands" and the rabies issue is easily resolved with another invasive test. You will have to make your own decision regarding what you want and what is best for the animal. Not to mention they are not naturally trained as far as their bathroom habits, which is an important point because you would not want to confine the animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment